Picks up where most verb books leave off to show language learners how Spanish verbs are actually used
With the help of dozens of practical examples and exercises, author Rogelio Alonso Vallecillos goes beyond conjugations to show readers how verbs function in context and how to integrate them into meaningful sentences—an indispensable step on the way to developing mature Spanish-language communications skills.
Word placement, the subjunctive mood, the correct uses of the two “to be” verbs, ser and estar, using verbs with prepositions, and all other aspects of Spanish verb usage that are particularly troublesome to English speakers are clearly explained and described in detail. An important resource for serious, intermediate-level Spanish language learners, Essential Spanish Verb Skills:
- Takes a unique “through English eyes”approach to explaining the Spanish verb system
- Includes special chapters devoted to troublesome verbs
- Contains a handy appendix featuring tables of difficult verbs
- Features dozens of practical exercises
- Focuses on correct usage and sentence building
Proper verb usage is one of the building blocks of language mastery. Essential Spanish Verb Skills is the all-important tool for intermediate Spanish students to hone their skills for Spanish usage and expression.
From the Back Cover
Take the next big step on the road to fluency in Spanish
Essential Spanish Verb Skills makes it quicker and easier than ever to master correct Spanish verb usage--a major step in developing mature Spanish-language communication skills.
Most verb books give you verbs in a vacuum, focusing mainly on conjugating tenses. Essential Spanish Verb Skills, in contrast, shows you how to apply correct verb usage to sentence building. Using dozens of real-world examples and exercises, author Rogelio Alonso Vallecillos goes beyond conjugation to demonstrate how verbs function in both formal and everyday spoken and written Spanish. And he shows you how to integrate them into meaningful sentences of your own.
A powerful learning tool for serious, intermediate-level Spanish-language learners, Essential Spanish Verb Skills:
- Takes a unique "through English eyes" approach to explaining the Spanish verb system
- Features special chapters devoted to confusing verbs
- Provides dozens of practical exercises
- Contains tables that efficiently resolve troublesome issues
- Includes a handy appendix of common verbs and the prepositions that go with them
If all you want is to memorize enough verb conjugations to pass your Spanish mid-term, then any verb book will do. But if you're ready to put the finishing touches on your mastery of verb usage, Essential Spanish Verb Skills is for you.